Monday, June 11, 2012

Bill Cunningham New York



My mom and I just watched the documentary "Bill Cunningham New York". And it was just great. I've always enjoyed looking Bill's "On the street" column in the New York Times, but I never really knew how the whole making of the column went down. I thought that Bill would have had a plan and gone around taking photos of people wearing the selected style for the week. I was soo wrong. Bill just lets the ideas come through the photos. The whole process is really fascinating. And 83 year old Bill takes all of the photos by himself, and always counts on his trusty bicycle to get him from point A to point B. I would highly recommend the documentary, Bill will have you smiling in no time, trust me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...